Built by the Midland
Railway in 1894 Rushden Station was only intermediate station on the Higham
Ferrers branch line and closed to passengers on 13 June
1959 when regular passengers services were withdrawn by British Rail.
When the line finally closed
to all traffic in 1969 the building was sold to the local authorities who leased
it to various local businesses until in 1984 the Rushden Historical Transport
Society obtained a lease on the building, eventually purchasing it 1996 after
many years of campaigning to save the building from demolition.
building has been beautifully restored acting as a Museum and club house for the